Tuesday, April 14, 2009

When it rains, it pours.


My recent twitter status (speaking of twitter, I don't get it) read, "While the weather outside may appear gloomy, things are looking up on the inside."  Translation - Our current economy has shaken up many people's lives, daily routines, and outlook.  As the saying goes, "when it rains, it pours," and I believe majority of us are feeling some sense of truth in these words and the state of our finances, world affairs, and belief in stability.  

So back to my status, outside of our individual boxes our world is hurting, but inside we can only let so much of the debris affect our optimism.  I just found this picture from Vector Graphic (http://dryicons.com/free-graphics/preview/playing-with-the-rain/) and then spotted this quote and knew it was worth sharing > 
"Out of the daily chaos comes the dance of balance." - Denise Kester

Balance is the only thing that keeps our toes grounded, our mind focused, and our intentions secure.  I knew I found something more in Kester's quote than just an inspiring billboard, I found a sense of balance in my recent mood.  Applying for jobs right now is similar to playing the lottery.  The winnings are rare, but they are there.  So instead of focusing on my life without a "real" job, I'm focusing on balance.  

Balance for me right now includes patience, persistence, laughter, time with friends, conversations with my parents, riding my bike, and focusing on how important this time is and should remain.  As soon as you feel a raindrop hit your shoulder, don't worry about extending your umbrella, instead, hold your head high, carry yourself with force, and soak up a moment dedicated to uncovering your own balance. Our world will forever face matters of chaos, but it is up to you to eliminate the weight of your stress and struggles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment