Tuesday, April 21, 2009

While on the phone earlier...

After a long day spent soaking up the sunshine, I finally was able to catch up with a friend and we started discussing my blog, blogs in general, and twitter (which we both aren't so sure about).  My friend asked, "So what's your next blog going to be about?" and of course I scurried onto the next subject, because without sounding boring, I had absolutely no clue.  

My friend's question, my lack of an answer, and one curious mind led me to my next thought, which happened to land me on this post, my blog.  What would those before us, and I'm not speaking about our grandmothers and grandfathers, because I'm positive my mom's mum is probably blogging right now, but let's go with our great-grandparents and even their great-grandparents.  What would these two groups of people have to say about this whole world of miscellaneous information sharing. Not that it's bad or always random (mine usually is), but sit back and think if you had never typed away on a keyboard, logged into a chat room at age 10 pretending you were 19, and did not have the option of creating a website dedicated to your thoughts, plans, rants, tweets, and well your blogs.  Are you thinking?

I wasn't able to hold that thought long enough to even think about a life unlike mine.  Too bad time machines weren't available.

No comments:

Post a Comment