Saturday, March 28, 2009

Where did the week go?

Wait, it's Thursday again?  Lucky me! 

Apparently, I caught a wave faster than I expected to ride.  I suppose that's what happens in life. We grasp hold of something so great, and before you know it ... it ... it simply passes us by.  

So here is an update on what's been going and not going on over the past two weeks:
- Spring wants to be in the air
- One more resume and cover letter down
- Tablerock Tuesdays
- Ouch
- Some say, "You can't always pick your family, but you can pick your friends."  I'd like to disagree
- Thank you horoscope

Spring wants to be in the air... Yes, she is trying to squeeze my winter blues away.  Over these last 14 days, the sun has crept behind the dreary clouds, but that's the extent of the sun's power. I'm repeating the saying, "April showers bring May flowers," believing this will somehow solve the problem, but it hasn't.  I don't know if it's the fact that I only have one pair of wellies, a measly piece of fabric you could attempt to call a raincoat, and a dislike for wind, but right now, more than ever, I would love the summer sun.  Patience Brittanie, patience....

One more resume and cover letter down... Correction, twenty more resumes and cover letters down.  Cross your fingers it doesn't stay this way too long, but knock on wood, I wasn't planning on owning the title, "Lifelong Applicant."  With that rant out of the way, here comes my glass half-full spurt.  Persistence will pay off.  I am broadening my search, exploring different routes, and realizing life truly is one learning lesson after another.  

Tablerock Tuesdays... While I'll keep the fun title, Tablerock Tuesdays is actually Tablerock Mondays, but no one will ever know.  So my best amiga and I randomly decided to trek our bodies up a local hill, and since that "random" Monday, we have formed a weekly ritual.  While I look forward to Thursdays every week, I now surpass the anticipation with a much needed workout for my legs.  

Ouch... Two weeks ago, I feel hard.  I wish this was the opening to a detailed romance, but unfortunately my knee took the heartbreak in this scenario.  I was jogging my soul away, dreaming about life, and carrying my lungs with force, when splat!  Out of nowhere, my toe tripped on a tree root and I went flying.  Not only did I wobble home whispering "ouch, ouch, ouch," I  rose up from my fall looking like a pirate.  I was covered in dirt, tore open my pants, had a trail of blood dripping down my leg and hand, and immediately thought, "Please tell me no one witnessed that!"

Some say, "You can't always pick your family, but you can pick your friends."  I'd like to disagree... Tis a true story.  Not to spark open a sob story, but I lack a grandpa (as I'm sure many do), but this is a person in my life I've longed to know.  So when life throws you lemons, you of course, turn something sour into something o so sweet.  And let's just say, that's what I did.  I've adopted a grandpa :)  He has a heart larger than life, a voice calmer than a stagnant pond, and a smile that makes me smile! 

Thank you horoscope...Saturday, March 28, 2009, my horoscope read, "Limit your exposure to negativity.  Your mood is buoyant when you simply refuse to listen to doom and gloom statements."  My translation - "Knock the negative Nancy in me aside, continue hiking, watch out for tree roots, appreciate your adopted grandpa, and click your heels to the sound of optimism."





No comments:

Post a Comment