Saturday, July 18, 2009

Excuse me, I have an excuse.


One notch in time I wish I was around to experience was the 1969 Apollo II mission to the moon. Happy 40th Anniversary to those who believed in the unknown and sent a crew of dreamers into the sky and far beyond!

Onto further matters...

Here I go again apologizing for being absent. I guess the only person I should say "I'm sorry" to is me. Apparently, I feel I owe myself a blog entry everyday, but when I take unscheduled days of absences, my next step is to apologize. Okay so enough of that, my real excuse for not writing and keeping my updates up-to-date is because I am simply filling up my days, aka enjoying life. "Amen Sister!"

Yup, life outside of my comfort zone has now progressed into a new comfort zone. And bueno news, a new "zone" I am clicking my own heels to. So here is my latest recap; 1) I have a J-O-B, 2) I have been in "home" for two weeks, 3) I realized why natives blatantly smack a big-ol "NATIVE" sticker on their car, backpack, dog, you name it, because Colorado might just be the perfect place, 4) while Starbucks might dominate Seattle, Chipotle owns this city (I can't count the number of times I have heard "What? You have NEVER tried Chipotle?" 5) I walked into the life of dining solo (and let me say, I really enjoyed it), 6) I have found more non-profits that I can't wait to meet and lend a helping hand here than I knew existed, 7) I finally met up with two friends whom I met through the infamous craigslist (sounds sketchy, they aren't), 8) I have proven that I can accomplish an HGTV task (goodbye Space Room, hello Pottery Barn), 9) I'm not homesick...just fall under the miss my mom and friends category, and last but not least, 10) I have no room for complaints. I am by far the luckiest girl right now to have been given this opportunity. I now have two fabulous friends/housemates, a dedicated/outgoing/creative/thoughtful place of employment, a new sense of direction in my life, a larger slice of optimism hanging at my side, and the appreciation that if you want a new challenge, you are the only one who can take the leap!

So if you're sitting around bored, thinking "What's next?" give yourself a list things to do and you'll find the same motivation that urged me to move forward. If not, I'm sorry.

Go ahead, highlight craigslist, browse around HGTV (I sound like Martha), and taste a little local delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment