Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sure enough, today feels like a hump.

After going to sleep on a sour note (a note I promised myself I would not allow finally won). The only way I could make up for it was to wake up on the right side of the bed. Trust me, I made sure I wasn't opening my eyes and cursing my alarm until I knew it was going to be a better day.

Wipe the sweat off your forehead because sure enough, today has been a much better day. Even though I feel as if I could crash any minute (thank you "Wake-Up" coffee), and I'm sporting a grandma slip under my dress (the sun won't be shining on my bottom today)...by the way I way I would rather tan my rear than wear a slip, but it's only office appropriate, and last but not least, I am counting down the minutes until my favorite day arrives.

One thing in life that will never let me down, yet will always slap me in the face, is understanding how I rarely have room to complain when other's around me are shattered on the inside. Literally, life is not fair for so many and the rant(s) I preach are minuscule. Today, it was brought to my attention how one of my best friends is going through a rough patch. Just talking to her and realizing the night/conversation she has ahead of her, makes me take a step back and count my blessings.

Not willing to divulge too much info, I'll say the gist of her "rough patch" entails a lack of trust, communication, and concern by the party I will say is at fault. Another good friend of mine once told me something that I will never forget, "In order to appreciate the good, we have to experience the bad." Right now, I have taken a step down from Cloud 9 (no worries, I am climbing back up) and working through my own sticky situation.

What a depressing blurb..no bueno.

No comments:

Post a Comment