Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mantra for the morning.




Yesterday while chit-chatting with the gals at work, we started talking about how we get through the day, and usually what makes some days more of a struggle than others. Well, it all came down to the thoughts we toss back and forth between each hour. Some thoughts pertain to life after work, conversations from the night before, sticky situations, and a lot of time...food (ha I would say 95.5% of my thoughts are based upon food, mmm).

The energy put forth into making our days ones worth smiling about, or ones worth wishing would end, has a lot to do with the words we wake up saying. The ladies and I decided from here on out, we will stress the importance of saying a positive affirmation/mantra in the am. One saying that has become a favorite is, "The worst part is over."

Okay, so driving for the first time to work (miss the light rail commute, but picking my mom up at the airport after work is well worth the morning frenzy), I was bumper to bumper and felt my blood pressure rising. No bueno. What did I do to solve this rage on the rise? Thought about my morning mantra. Yup yup yup. And boy did it work wonders, well that and I played one of my favorite songs.

Today's thought, "Be positive!"








1 comment:

  1. Hi Brittanie,
    In the midst of blog surfing I came across your blog and was wondering if you could help me with a project. For my husband and my 5th anniversary, I'm trying to get pictures from as many different states and countries as I can with a person from that location holding a sign that says
    Janae loves Jeff in ____________

    I don't have any from Maryland yet and I was wondering if you would do a picture for me?

    my blog: jscrapalex.blogspot.com
    flickr group for this project: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1617848@N25/members/

    Thanks :)
    Janae

    ReplyDelete