Monday, August 10, 2009

Buying time like the Energizer Bunny.

Thank you Wired for this image. I love him!

Honestly...Do I have to say this again. Yup. Sorry, sorry, and another sincere...sorry. I know what takes hold of my thoughts, runs wild with my words, and basically devours my life...cough cough, time. Mmmm hmm. The sure simplicity of that whole index finger in your face, "I don't have enough time, nor will I ever have enough time, can I buy some more time" sort of excuse. But in all honestly, I would buy time if I could. Perhaps I would be scrambling for pennies, but this would then only leave me with more time to scramble.

Okay, so now onto the biz, aka the "Life of B." For starters, it's fantastic. I want to eat up and never let it go. I want to bask in this moment and set aside every moment that is ahead. I want to press repeat and somehow tape down this button forever. Okay, maybe not forever, but I want to remember this experience, this lesson, and this feeling for as long as my mind will allow. I'm smiling, laughing, loving, playing, planning, decorating, singing, working, skipping, cooking, eee-ing, conversing, writing (maybe not on here), and that whole list again and again.

My life as I just mentioned has been one heck of a ride worth waiting in line for. This past week/weekend was filled with finding out my roommate's brothers band is amazing, venturing downtown, volunteering with Colorado AIDS Project, finally meeting the owner of a coffee shop I now coin myself as a "regular," discovering a hidden Mediterranean gem located only a few blocks from my house (delectable chicken kebabs), joining a monthly boot camp class, rearranging my room yet again, finished my monthly book club book and soaking up a few rays.

I feel bad because the last few posts I've decided to write about/discuss have been nothing but me tooting my own horn to well..well...well basically my own grin. I guess I shouldn't apologize when life is looking up and I have no room for complaints.

Oooo before I get ahead of myself, one complaint, is the fact that I've stepped back on the lactose intolerant train. Great, I know. Finally, I come across the best ice cream shop in town, and my stomach decides to tie itself in a knot right as a drop of dairy says "hello."
While I am on the complaining note, as I was walking to work last week, a friendly neighbor approached me, started pulling out smooth moves from his pocket and suggested we get lunch sometime. Being a newbie to the city, I have a hard time turning down offers (especially when food is involved), so I took him up on his request, and needless to say, I am now wearing my defense guard. Ugh, I just vomited thinking about our conversation, or thereof. Whatever topic he discussed made me want to hurl. I might be taking this nausious expression overboard, but who honestly puts themselves on a pedestal? You gotta work your way up the ladder, especially when trying to impress. Barf bag por favor!

Okay, so as my roller coaster continues to rise, more lovely happenings are in store. My pops just came to visit me/bring me my furniture and we had one of the best conversations in history. Majority of our conversations could become best-sellers, but our last one takes the gold. My mum is on her way here shortly, and I am having a grand time planning our weekend together. My roommates and I have decided one of the best ways to keep up to speed with the weekly gossip is through food. We will now be taking turns hosting a Sunday dinner! I really put Miss Stewart, aka Martha, to shame revamping my room over the past month (pictures on their way shortly). I might be headed to the beach in September (possibly returning head over heels). I've found a nearby market overflowing with a variety of hummus dips, berries, veggies and flowers, which will only aid in my upcoming cookbook. And last but not least, I am taking on a new project. A project that involves thinking outside-the-box and doodling.
Okay, time has really overpowered this post, and I now must return to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment