Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day.


Short, simple, and probably not too sweet. I often don't come across as being a full-blown patriotic American, but on a day like today, I think it's hard not to be. Being a citizen of a country recognized for rebellion, security, and freedom, I continuously take each day and my rights for granted. Right now, whether your home or abroad, in favor or against, and thankful or careless of everything the U.S. has accomplished, neglected, given and received, please realize how fortunate you are to wake up in a country where you can voice your opinion, you can cast your vote, you can dream, you have the power to stand against those who act as if they have more, you are able to b*tch about a nation that will listen, and above all, you are envied my millions around the world who can't speak, vote, change their social status, turn their back against their country, and only dream of being an American.

I want to thank each and every soldier who has fought for my freedom, my country, and my daily neglect of a world with which I am so fortunate to know.

2 comments:

  1. good post. we all need to be reminded.

    ps i love all of your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said. I've seen first hand the life of others in third world countries and it makes me even more proud to be an American.

    ReplyDelete