Thursday, May 21, 2009

Recap on the recent rendezvous.





Wow. Not only did I skip a few days, I ran away for a month. Not really, actually not even close, but I did run away. I didn't run away permanently or to leave an ill feeling in someone's stomach, but I packed my suitcase (one much larger than necessary), opted for a road trip with mi amiga, and set sail for the coast! I don't like the feeling of comfort, especially when I know I'm at the prime age of exploring without any baggage (ex. chiclets, a mortgage, an 8-5 job, etc.), so this itch to move around freely usually appears when things begin to calm down. My daily routine started feeling like a steady stream, and instead of riding the wake out smoothly, mi amiga and I drove north to Seaside, Oregon!

In just a few short words, here is what the trip included; A slumber in a parking lot, a grueling hike, an appreciation for public restrooms, an almost roadkill incident, a conversation with a former San Quentin inmate, a not enough time or money spent on books at Powell's, a quick downtown fix, a solution to our hungry bellies at local restaurants, a conversation with my brother in 30 years, an addition to my seashell collection, a 16-hour sing-a-long fest, a desire to be Lewis and Clark, and above all, another "remember that one time..." memory!

Thank you Oregon for spicing up my routine :)

1 comment:

  1. Cool blog! Isn't the notion of running away appealing?! Plus, I guess this is the time to do it. Planning my own long term run away next year, but getting out of Australia and into the rest of the world. Can't wait for my own 'Remember that one time...' moments...

    xx Laura

    ReplyDelete